Drive manner (how the ebike is propelled) – Pedal Assisted System (P.A.S.) or Throttle
Motor (supplements your pedal power)– High Speed Brushless (The motor can reach up to 250w when using the pedal assist system, and 500w using the throttle for off road riding).
Battery – 48V 13amp/hr Lithium
Charging time – For a full charge, 4 to 8 hours is ideal.
Controller (connects all electrical components together) – 48v 18A with an intelligent and programmable LCD display for ease of use.
Max speed – Using the motor with the pedal assist system, you can reach up to 25kph. Using the throttle, you can reach up to 40kph.
Range – On full charge, you can reach up to and over 30 to 50km. You will need to consider the terrain you are riding on, the weight that you will be carrying, and how much you will be using the battery while riding.
Wheels Rims – 26” with steel spokes
Tyres – 26” x 4” fat tyres or “Fat Takkie” tyres
Brakes – Disk front and Rear
Frame – Aluminium Alloy
Gears – Six speed derailleur (the number of speeds correspond to the number of cogs on the cassette).
LED lights – Front and rear LED lights for optimal visibility to rider and surrounding vehicles.
Can I ride the Jonkershoek on the beach?
Yes you can! There are some tips you can follow to maintain your ebike if you enjoy beach riding, such as:
- Inspect your e-bike for sand, grit, and water after every journey and remove sand with a damp cloth when you are back from the beach
- Don’t lubricate your chain before riding on the beach, but rather clean and lubricate it after your beach journey
- Keep extra tyres and tubes on you to avoid wear and tear on the tyres from sand
- Lower your tyre pressure to make riding through sad easier and not too tiring
What are the benefits of fat tyres?
Fat tyres are larger than thicker than thin tyres, and have several benefits for those who are interested in them:
- Fat tyres have flat, smooth tread for safe riding in wet conditions.
- Fat tyres provide more cushioning and additional suspension for your bike.
- Fat tyres are better suited to exercise and provide a better upper body workout.
Where is the battery for the Jonkershoek ebike?
The battery for the Jonkershoek model is located inside the frame of the ebike, but it is easy to remove for charging. This makes it more comfortable to ride, especially for off road adventures. However, it is a heavier bike because of the battery location, so you will need strength to carry it and ride it.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.